Thursday, May 22, 2008

SMI buying Kentucky Motor Speedway?

Alright, I’ll admit that living in Kentucky and being under 2 hours to the track has me fairly excited about the possibility of SMI flip flopping some things and getting Kentucky Speedway a shiny new Cup date. I’m sure everyone outside of the immediate impact zone is frothing at the mouth over which potential track could be losing a date. I’m more focused on how this is going to affect teams testing.
It seems every week there is at least 1 Cup team at the track testing something. While it isn’t 10 minutes down the road from Charlotte, it is close enough to squeeze in during the week and since it mirrors so many of the other tracks on the schedule already the teams get some pretty useful data.
I’ve always heard that the teams have never wanted Kentucky to receive a date because they value that testing ground so much, but now it seems as though plans are in the works to break some hearts in the garage.

No comments: